Monday, August 22, 2011

Miniature Dollhouse Kits Capture the Heart of the Collector


Throughout the years, many people have enjoyed the pastime of creating miniature dollhouses and carefully collecting objects to display within them. With the increasing availability of miniature dollhouse kits and handcrafted dollhouse furniture - everything from miniature pianos to miniature rosewood furniture - more people are taking up this hobby and turning it into their passion.


�We like to display decorations in our store so retailers get an idea how to display them in their own store,� says Plant.�The display is set up as a full operating module over a period of months. It gets transported in, disassembled and reassembled back into the windows all under cover.Now, while this tile store sells carpet as well, they can’t touch the Home Depot price for carpet (the cut pile berber with a fleck I used to use. I no longer use this carpet because it is an unnecessary expense. I can easily use a good regular carpet without the fleck and save over $5.00 per sq. yard. One project I paid only 50c per square foot for a descent berber carpet. Contractors warehouse is a great resource in CA for this large expense.�We also manufacture specialty items with a particular Australian theme. Some can be made easily so a late order is often acceptable. While we make very large traditional bells, balls and bows, we also make kangas, koalas, kookas and many other items for an Australian clientele.�Even with delivery comes in under 1500.00 and all in stainless steel. Took a little preliminary legwork on my part to get quotes and set up account but that was a one time deal. Now I just call in what I want and they send me a quote. I am standardized on items and no more time consuming trips to hunt.Fogg Productions is well known Australiawide for its special lighting effects and Australian themed Christmas displays.�Our soft unveiling this year is Monday, the 30th of October,� Lubar says.Appliances: I have a commercial account with a local supplier of appliances and because of my discount I was able to get a stainless dishwasher, microwave and range all for 1200.00 plus delivery. I don’t include the delivery because I would have to pay that anywhere.

There are many ways to go about furnishing your miniature dollhouse, from creating your own wallpaper and flooring to buying miniature crystal chandeliers. Once you become familiar with the possibilities, create a "wish list" of items that you'd like. Over time, you can either buy them yourself or ask to receive them as gifts.




Author: Chris Robertson


No comments:

Post a Comment